Destination Imagination® Denver
Regional Director: Minda McGurk
Affiliate Director: Kate Donelan
Serving Denver Public Schools and private schools within the City and County of Denver
Denver Destination Imagination is sponsored by
Denver Public Schools Gifted and Talented Department
1860 Lincoln Street, 8th Floor NE, Denver, CO 80203
tournament results are in!!
DENVER di TOURNAMENT results CAN BE FOUND on the
Denver tournament page
So... You want to do di??
Is your student interested?? Click HERE!
Denver Public Schools is proud to bring Destination Imagination to your school!
Destination Imagination is preparing Colorado’s kids to be the innovators of the future by combining the arts, sciences, and technology with creativity, teamwork, and problem solving.
In order to be successful and offer this opportunity to our students, we require 1-2 adult volunteers to manage a team. On-site and online training is available at all times! If your student is interested in competing this year, please consider co-managing a team!
1. We offer on-line and in-person training for all team managers!
2. Your team can be as small or as large as YOU want it to be (not to exceed 7 members)
3. Your team does NOT have to be restricted to only students at the same school- you can have multiple schools represented on one team!
4. As the team manager- YOU get to decide when the team meets and how they meet and you make it work for you!
5. Remember- this is STUDENT DRIVEN! You are there to supervise and help by asking questions and offering instant challenges- you should not worry about solving the challenge with them!
6. I am with you 100% of this journey and happy to answer any questions at any time.
Is your student interested??
2018 Regional Tournament Results are IN!! Go Here!!
WHAT A SUCCESSFUL YEAR!! Take a LOOK!!....
Destination Imagination is an international creative problem solving program that meets educational standards in Literature, Reading and Writing, Geography, History, Math and Science. It is an exciting way for team members to:
* Explore and discover their creative potentials through teamwork, cooperation and mutual respect.
* Develop sophisticated creative problem-solving skills.
* Take ownership and pride in what they accomplish because they do everything themselves, from beginning to end.
* Present their Challenge solution in a competition setting.
APPRAISERS NEEDED FOR 2018-19!
Destination Imagination is a volunteer-driven organization. This includes the 100+ Appraisers needed to run each tournament. This year, Destination Imagination Colorado is again asking EVERY team registered for a tournament to supply one adult (18 or older) to train as an Appraiser and volunteer at one tournament this spring. The possibilities are endless: parents, teachers, friends, business associates, etc. Your volunteer will be allowed to appraise at any tournament and in fact may prefer to pick a different date than the Denver Tournament so they are able to watch your team. There will be a space on the Denver Tournament registration for each team to provide the name and contact information for their volunteer.
links for you!
2019 TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
Denver Regional Tournament
March 16th, 2019
Location: Evie Dennis Campus
4800 Telluride St, Denver, CO 80249
Colorado Affiliate Tournament
April 06, 2019
Auraria Higher Education Center
May 22nd - May 25
Kansas City, MO